Mussoorie is of the biggest tourist attractions in India. With a view of Shivalik hills and Doon valley, the hill station is famous for adventure sports and sightseeing. It is known for its colonial charm, beautiful churches, and scenic surroundings.
Shopping is an essential for every place and Mussoorie doesn’t falter in this arena either. There are many shopping places in the city which may grab your attention with wooden decorative items, Shawls, Tibetan Prayer wheels, handicrafts, handmade jewelry and woolen clothes etc.
- The Mall Road- Within 900 m radius from the best resort in Uttarakhand. It is traditional in its ambience, with a blend of modern luxury giving an ideal retreat from the hustle bustle of the city lives. Lined up with local shops dealing with knick-knacks, souvenirs, apparels, and home décor, this market is always crowded.
- Tibetan Market- Bargaining skills are a prerequisite for this market. Famous for being trendy with fashionable clothes and jewellery. The area is also famous for its momos, Tibetan delicacies, Tibetan woodwork, prayer wheels, woven carpets and footwear.
- Classic emporium- For people who have fallen in love with handicrafts, this place would be your favourite spot. Providing innumerable varieties of Tibetan lampshades, sculptures and decorative pieces, the place was established just 40 years ago and has flourished since then.
- Himalayan Weavers- Established in 2005, it is a local co-operative that helps in promoting local product and promotes participation from the society. Famous for Pashmina shawls, scarfs, and sweaters, the speciality of these products is that they are made using natural dye.
- Kulri Bazar- Located in the south end of Mall road and studded with apparels, local handicrafts, stylish footwear, silver jewellery to lip- smacking cakes and confectionaries, it is one of the most wanted shopping hubs in Mussoorie.
This place certainly isn’t a shopaholic’s heaven, but that doesn’t stop tourists from booking their stay here to explore the hill station for items to buy. With the most apt temperature and picture perfect view, this hill station is the most beautiful escape one can demand to spend a long weekend in.